Retirement Planning For
Small Business Owners
You have worked hard to build your business and now it may be time to think about your retirement. As you continue to grow your business, let us help you plan for your future.
Our team of financial professionals include a Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) who has the knowledge and expertise to strategically support business growth, personal financial plans, and personal goals.
Up to 60% of businesses who try to exit are unsuccessful, a daunting statistic after all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into building a business. Our CEPA professionals have the experience and training to help position your business and personal finances into a successful exit.
Does Your Business Plan Include the Following?
- Metrics that Matter. You need the right financial components to evaluate crucial decisions in your business to put your mind at ease, gain more freedom, and explore more possibilities with your hard-earned wealth.
- Solid Strategy. We like the Three Legs and No Gaps framework, but whichever model you choose, you need a solid foundation to create a significant company. Your plan should identify concurrent paths and goals during exit planning, including an understanding of why intangible capital matters most.
- Mind the Gap. Identify the gaps in profit, value, and wealth that may be keeping you from your goals. It’s also worth recognizing the different types of gaps, their impact on your business, and ways to measure these gaps.
- Plans A, B, C, etc. It may be difficult to think about, but it’s important to plan ahead and know what steps need to be taken before selling. Not only do you need to adequately prepare for the sale of your business, you should plan for various outcomes and create appropriate contingency plans.
- The Big Picture. Ensure the outcome of your business succession by focusing on all aspects, which may include personal and family dynamics, as well as the business itself. This way, when you do sell your company, there won’t be any surprises or disappointments along the way. It will also help ensure that your family is happy with the outcome as well!
Here are a few of the ways we can help to support your business and your personal vision now and into the future.
A Certified Exit Planning Advisor (Cepa) Can Help an Owner….
- Understand the value of their business, both tangible and intangible
- Determine how ready and attractive their company is currently
- Identify the owner’s three gaps (value, wealth, profit)
- Identify the Range of Value of an owner’s company. What is it worth today and what is it potentially worth?
- Understand their exit options and how they apply to their company and exit goals
- Better understand their personal vision and personal financial needs
- Align their business, personal and financial goals
- Create, deliver, and maintain 90-day action plans helping an owner de-risk their business and grow value
- Bring the advisory team together, and the owner’s internal team together, to work towards common goals and better collaborate
The team at Independent Financial Services can confidently develop strategies for closing those gaps with the help of your experienced CEPA financial advisor so that you can reach your business and personal goals faster than ever before!
We will support you to ensure that this process goes smoothly and quickly by helping prepare for your exit.